Sunday, November 6, 2022

Leading up to embarkation day

Part of the Sky Suite experience with Princess Cruises is the use of a Shoreside Concierge or Suite Experience Concierge (pre-cruise) as they introduced themselves. This is the person that you will "meet" first in the time leading up to your booked cruise. Our Shoreside Concierge was named Thor and he first reached out via email just over a month before our cruise to introduce himself and send us a list of features that Sky Suite passengers receive in addition to features/perks that anyone in a full suite would receive. 


Then the next day, Thor reached out via email again to suggest a time two days later to speak on the phone so we could hear about the Sky Suite Experience, discuss any reservations we wanted to make, and to ask our questions. We agreed to the time/date offered but could have changed it if needed. The call was right on time and I highly suggest you take your own notes during the call, especially if you're a visual person like myself. I neglected to do that and ended up having to request some dinner reservations changed days later because I got confused about which nights we wanted to do each dinner. Thor was receptive and accommodating both during the call and emails so everything was switched around quickly. 

With any suite booking, we got an included specialty restaurant dinner on embarkation night. Our top pick was the Crown Grill. The sale going on when we booked included a specialty restaurant dinner so we decided to do Sabatini's for that promotion. We also scheduled days/times for the included Deluxe Balcony Breakfast and Ultimate Balcony Dinner that are solely Sky Suite perks. Having enjoyed Club Class Dining in the Main Dining Room, which is included with any full suite or Club Class mini suite booking, on past cruises, we wanted to space out the specialty meals so there was some dining room meals in between. 

Here's how our dining reservation schedule looked pre-cruise:


During the call we talked about everything from our plans to arrive in town, preferences for drinks in suite, food allergies, excursion plans, celebrations, and how/when we would be contacted by April, our Suite Experience Manager. 

About two weeks later, I got an email from OCEAN Notifications letting me know that my Ocean Medallion order had been shipped. You can choose your Ocean Medallion options and place the order in the app but they will not be shipped until around two weeks before your cruise. I chose to only get the included lanyard in favor of being able to pick other medallion holder accessories when I'd be able to see them in person and try on sizes. I was surprised by how long the complimentary lanyard was on me. I soon learned to slip off the lanyard once seated at a dining table because I came close a couple times of having my medallion taste my meal before I could. If you choose to pre-purchase any of the other accessories, they may ship separately. The email also includes a tracking number and link. Our order arrived at my home delivered via USPS six days after getting this email. 





No comments:

Post a Comment