Sunday, May 9, 2021

Coming out of the closet... with clothes that is

Now that nothing was blocking the space in front of the sliding mirror doors, I could finally open the closet and get started cleaning that out. It too was filled with clothes and purses but also household goods like linens and CD/DVDs. 






Time to start sorting all over again. Clothes to donate got piled on the floor. Clothes I wanted to keep got added to the hangers on that same bottom rod in the shelves I was using before. 

No that's not a person or a chair under those clothes, that's solely a pile of clothes that came out of this closet and are now going into donation bags.


Once all the clothes were off hangers and off the floor of the closet, I found the pile of purses underneath.



Can you tell what the preferred color and pattern was while buying all these bags?



I donated about half of this pile and was able to store the rest of the empty purses tucked sideways into the Princess Cruises themed tote bag that used to hold cosmetics. Now it sits neatly on the bottom of the closet. Next step was to take the clothes in this bottom space I'd been saving and hang them with room to spare in the closet.



Along the top shelves in the closet I cleared out sealed tablecloths/cloth napkins and sheet sets for donation. I sorted out the CDs we had in those boxes and out in the living room by a portable boombox narrowing down duplicates and ones I no longer wanted. We sold a handful to a used music store for a small amount of money and donated the rest. The ones I kept I then sorted into the previously used shoeboxes so that each box had a specific category of CD type. Then they got stored together on the middle shelf for easy access whenever desired. The now cleared higher shelf worked out great for stowing various items I'd found within the room like a spare hairdryer and electric toothbrush.


To this day it shocks me to realize that of all those clothes in this room and a spare closet in the hallway have been narrowed down to just what you see in these two finished closet pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment