Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Carnival Pride - Cabin 6323 - Balcony Cabin

We ended up booking balcony cabin 6323 which is the last starboard balcony cabin before the aft suites. It was honestly more narrow than I remembered a Carnival balcony cabin to be. I was a little surprised to read afterwards on the deck plans that this cabin is only for sleeping 2 passengers. To me it looks the same as a balcony that is listed as sleeping 3 passengers. Normally I take the bed by the window because I like being able to look out at where we are during the night and early morning without having to light up the whole cabin. This time Joni was essentially the same way and it worked out more for me to have the other bed because I used the couch as an extended nightstand.

One of the tips Joni thought of when it comes to closet space is that while the hangers slip up and out of the fixed top to hang your clothes, the bottom rod can also be slipped out if you need to hang any long pants or dresses. Otherwise only the closet closest to the door had space for long items. There was plenty of storage for us two ladies who'd only brought one suitcase each. We split the shelves in the first closet for our folded clothes and Joni used the drawers on the side of the desk. We stuck our shoes on the shelves inside the cupboard by the bed. My empty suitcase fit inside the last closet and Joni slipped hers under my bed. It actually worked out when she did that because my bed needed that boost in firmness. When it came to the space between the closet and bathroom, we became very cautious about opening the bathroom door slowly or trying not to be doing anything at the closets when someone finished in the bathroom because only one door on each side could be open at any time.

With tons of room on our Oasis cruise, I was super neat and constantly organizing our stuff. Here we were in a room 1/10th of the size and I admit I was probably the sloppiest I've ever been in a cruise cabin. Threw all my dirty laundry into the bottom of the closet, piled my shoes up on the floor as I kicked them off, and the couch became a giant catch all of my junk. On the flip side, I was super organized with bathroom stuff; always put everything (minus shower stuff) back into my toiletry kit and never bothered unloading onto the bathroom shelves like Joni did. One problem I did find with the bathroom is that we weren't left any sanitary disposal bags for feminine hygiene. I checked every little corner and shelf to make sure it wasn't stowed somewhere.

The shower itself didn't seem tight and the only problem we ever had with drainage was one of our port days where the water at the end seemed to linger in the bottom of the shower rather than roll over into the drain. Joni used the hair dryer on her short hair and it was fine. I don't usually blow dry my longer hair but I have a feeling I'd still be there if I tried to do so on this trip. Joni thought ahead of bringing a charging plug adapter so rather than take turns using the one desk plug, we could each plug in our phones with our respective USB cables.

I don't know if I was just more perceptive to it but to me if I stepped close to the railing on our balcony, it felt like the balcony floor dipped forward and lower than the rest of the balcony. Looking back now, I wish I had taken one of those little golf pencils from trivia and tested to see whether it really did roll down to the glass railing. We didn't get to sit in our balcony chairs because they were always covered in white paint chips. They were like that from the start and never changed despite getting two letters on different days during the cruise that they'd be working to clean balconies and suggested being out of our cabin.



















That's one way to show that nothing was left under the bed.



Made a few wind tunnels opening both balcony and cabin door
You only have to watch your step going from the cabin to the balcony. To come back inside you merely have to Pets Ruoy Hctaw





No comments:

Post a Comment