Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Grandeur of the Seas - Day 10 - Sea Day (Part 3)

Nothing makes you feel better like walking the open promenade deck of a ship in the evening enjoying the sunset.
Headed down to the Centrum for the Millionaire Game Show and ran into our new trivia friends but unfortunately the place was too packed to sit with them. We found a couple seats off to the side by the "library" and peered around the pole to watch the game. While Jeff did everything he could to give the players second and third and fourth chances to change their answers, one of the first players stuck to his answer. When Jeff declared him wrong, the guy's wife ran over with her tablet to show Jeff that she'd looked up the answer and her husband was right. From then on, she frantically looked up each answer and signaled to her husband behind Jeff's back which answer to choose. As I said before, if you're that hard up for a highlighter and keychain, have at it. 

At one point, you could hear like someone dropped or knocked something over on the deck above us. Jeff stopped to make a joke about it but then did bother to ask if the person was alright. He must have heard a response or lack thereof because he followed it up with a joke asking "or do I need to call security?" laughing at his own joke. Guess that new training really stuck. 

While I didn't volunteer to play, I will always enjoy the challenge of answering the questions and I became desperately invested in the people playing getting the answers right. Over time I went from trying to signal from behind the pole to moving to stand by the nearby couches to help people who were unsure of the answers. I didn't think half the people even noticed what I was doing until we went to leave and Diane from our new trivia friends caught up to me and revealed that she saw what I was doing. Later on I ran into everyone again and they also revealed that they spotted me helping. Thankfully they found it endearing rather than obnoxious. Lynn told me that one of the ladies who won several prizes in the game was so happy to have won the hat she'd always wanted thanks to my help. Don't know if that's really true but I hope so since that's what I enjoy the most about playing trivia games onboard. Yes, there are some people you could invite to be on your trivia team that make you wonder how they got themselves dressed this morning but you should always reach out and be inclusive because you never know when you'll meet a lifelong friend or make someone's day simply because they won a hat.

Back up to the cabin, I took a moment to grab pictures of our latest towel friends.


I left them to hang around the cabin while I went down to the South Pacific Lounge to join our new friends for the Crazy Quest Adult Game Show, or as most veteran cruisers just call it, "Quest." I first went to a Quest game on my first Grandeur cruise, also with John and Katrina, and it was a lot more adult than tonight's game was. A lot of people commented to that effect as well the next day. I guess they'd gotten too many reports of injuries as they made a point of going over safety rules, making team captains stay in one spot between runs, and threatening disqualification if rules weren't followed. While the other Quest had everything from kissing and gyrating on strangers to one guy dropping his pants to show John that he wasn't wearing any underwear when the task was to bring up so many pairs of men's boxers, the most risqué task this Quest had was to simulate dirty dancing.

Above: Poor Ron got singled out for trying to bring up the wrong colored comb. Below: Can't recall exactly what these two guys were asked to do but I'm pretty sure in some places they'd be considered married now.



I think this might be Bitty's favorite expression. Each team had to dress a guy in women's clothing.



Females and Males were challenged to see who could keep a Hula Hoop going the longest. The young man who lasted the longest for the guys did not look to be over 18. But then no one thinks I look as old as I am either. An 18 year old young lady named Taylor won the entire competition and was dubbed royalty. John asked everyone to salute her with a whoop whoop if we saw her around the ship. She also now had the duty of presiding over the 70s themed party the next night.


These two guys are the reason the phrases "Don't talk about the Quest" and "What Happens in the Quest, stays in the Quest" were started.

John called up all the members of the cruise activities staff at the end of the game to have everyone give them a round of applause.

This is my favorite picture I got of Mark as it really shows his energetic personality. He, along with most all the activities staff, helped out at Quest and when he entered amid cheers, he headed backstage by skipping across the room.



No comments:

Post a Comment