Thursday, April 13, 2023

Let's do brunch - Razzle Dazzle style!

One of the things I adore about being in a restaurant at breakfast time versus the buffet is the tray of baked goods like muffins, donuts, and danishes that are brought to the table for you to choose. I'm not really an apple baked dessert fan but this little apple cruffin I selected from the tray was delightful.


If you've read any of my other cruise posts, you'll recall how much I enjoy orange juice versus coffee in the mornings and how much I lament those little shot glass sized containers some lines will bring. Thank you Virgin Voyages for bringing us a regular sized glass! 

When we arrived for brunch, we were handed both the breakfast menu and the lunch menu. 


This Coconut Milk Fairy Toast is under the Starters section for both menus. It is described as brioche, condensed milk, and rainbow sprinkles. This is also one of the most shared photos from Virgin Voyages' menu so I had to try it. Now, I freely admit I'm not a fan of super sweet things or anything with sprinkles, but this was a big no for me. The toast was toasted to the point of being rock hard except for the very center section. Perhaps being only able to consume the center portion is what made it taste to me like I'd poured a whole bottle of sprinkles into a buttercream frosting tub and ate it straight out of the tub with a spoon. Our waitress was not surprised at all when I didn't want to finish it. 

From the breakfast menu only - Wild Mushroom Frittata - goat cheese, arugula, sunchoke. 

This was a nice light option for when you want something more than just regular eggs. 

From the lunch menu only - Malted Buckwheat Waffle - whipped cherry creme fraiche, pistachios, vanilla bean-cherry syrup. It was nice that the syrup came in a little cup on the side so you can add only as much as you wish. This was Dad's main dish choice and he added it to the list of dishes he talks about for the rest of the cruise. There is a waffle option on the breakfast menu listed as Classic Malted Waffle - mixed berries, maple syrup, and chantilly cream. I wish I had realized that before I ordered the other items because I was sad to have to turn down the lunch waffles due to what I thought would be pistachio batter versus just as garnish.


From the Naughty side of the lunch menu - Fried Chicken Sandwich - beet aioli, black bun, choice of green salad or fries. I had asked our waitress if I could get just the sandwich because I also had the frittata. Oh yes, of course she said. What comes out is the whole main dish with fries. Note the smoked bacon we had to get again which is located on both menus under sides. I think how we ordered might have been confusing because we ended up with two cups worth of the bacon. 


The chicken sandwich pretty much fell apart as I tried to cut it in half to eat. The few pieces I ate with my fork were enjoyable but it didn't have much flavor to it other than tasting like chicken. 



To my Dad, cookies and cake are considered their own food groups as he would have them at every meal if he could. The shirt he is wearing in this photo features a bald eagle with the caption I AM smiling! The shirt was purchased during our visit to the bear sanctuary in Ketchikan, Alaska. Check that experience out in my previous blog posts. I found it a fitting shirt to wear this day because when his dessert of Loaded Cookies with Biscoff flavored milk showed up at the table, the smile was obvious! The three cookie flavors propped up to stick out of this themed to match the decor cookie jar are mudslide, stuffed red velvet, and matcha white chocolate. There is also a vegan version available using the flavors of coffee, dates, and coconut. The other choices for the flavored milk was Toasted Cinnamon Cereal, and the vegan option of Vanilla-Cinnamon Almond. 

There are a large variety of choices whether you are vegetarian or vegan or want to eat light or indulge. Breakfast/brunch/lunch in Razzle Dazzle is definitely worth trying at least once on your cruise.


No comments:

Post a Comment