Saturday, April 27, 2019

Grandeur of the Seas - Day 4 - Sea Day (Part 2)

After we both got some down time in the cabin, I went to tell Dad it was time for afternoon trivia and found him sound asleep. I left him to rest and headed down to meet up with Cori and Allan. Cori found two brothers already well deep into enjoying Happy Hour and had us join them to play. The two brothers admitted to not being able to help give answers much and at one point one even asked me if Dad was napping because he was drunk. This same guy also took to standing up and letting out a whoop whenever we got an answer right. We saw these two show up again later in the cruise so I said hello as they came to sit nearby. One remembered me and the brother who'd done the one man cheering squad had no clue who I was or why I was saying hello.

Our cabin treat plate for the day was the cheese plate from the dining room dessert offerings


On today's schedule, the 4PM trivia usually listed as "Afternoon trivia" said "Evening trivia" and there was a new extra trivia held at 6PM labeled "General trivia." When we saw that listed, we bumped our usual 6PM dinner reservation to 7PM for tonight. Not many teams showed up to play at 6PM so we had a little more fun joking with the other teams, even "The Troublemakers."

After killing time talking about our upcoming tour plans, we headed over to tonight's dinner reservation at Chops a little early. Both Chops and Giovanni's were the busiest I'd seen them all cruise thus far. Guess tonight was the popular night for using dining packages or celebrating. Management was prepared though and brought in extra staff to accommodate the crowd. Our waitress tonight was Iuliia which is pronounced sort of like Julia. She was very thorough and left us wanting for nothing despite having several tables to cover. Dad took her recommendation to try the New Zealand Rack of Lamb and I continued my tour of the steak choices by getting the 9 oz. Angus Filet Minion that Dad loved the first night.
New Zealand Rack of Lamb


We both enjoyed our selections tonight, me so much I actually polished off the whole steak! I had also ordered 2 sides and the Colossal Shrimp Cocktail and Iuliia asked if I really only wanted one shrimp cocktail. It's called Colossal because it comes in a giant frosted glass on a platter. The shrimp are certainly larger than most shrimp cocktails but you still only get a few. This time though the shrimp were big enough to need cutting up with knife and fork.

These are the Gruyere Cheese Tater Tots. On Oasis, they were huge so they gave you just 2-3 in the dish. These were more like poppable bites and I liked that better.

Dad urged me to try the red velvet cake he loved but I didn't much care for it. Earlier while chatting with 2 different groups at trivia today, they guessed me to be decades younger than I really am. Tonight at dinner, Iuliia kept calling me "ma'am" and then correcting herself to say "miss." I figured it was another case of others assuming Dad's traveling with his wife and she was correcting the difference between Mrs. and Miss. After the fourth time of correcting herself (without us ever saying a word about it), she finally asked outright how old I was. Turns out she had the father daughter grouping right but she thought I was a teenager. She couldn't believe it when I revealed my true age.

Tonight Moses made me a dinosaur

While Dad's bed got an elephant


Feeling the effects of a food coma by this point, we opted to skip the Majority Rules game show and call it an early night. Tomorrow was to be our first port stop of St. Croix and with no scheduled tour plans, we decided to take it easy in the morning and wait until the crowds cleared before venturing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment