Sunday, June 3, 2018

Carnival Pride - Day 5 - Half Moon Cay (Part 2)

After replenishing our stamina with some Guys fries, we headed down to dinner. 


The line was so long it wrapped all the way around the corner to the photo area. Once we made it to the front and checked in, the waitress asked if we'd "ever got our special cake." Umm special cake? Then I realized this must be when restaurants stick a candle in your dessert and sing to you for your birthday. When I told Joni my theory, she was completely against the idea of being sung to. Spent several minutes repeating "they better not, I hate when they sing to you."




Tonight's appetizers were Crab Melt On Brioche (me) and Cannelloni (Joni). Crab melt was okay but the brioche was burnt. Joni didn't like the cannelloni at all.



Tonight's entrée was Linguini Italian Sausage (me) and Southern Fried Chicken (Joni). I had originally considered getting the flat iron steak Joni had gotten earlier in the cruise but it wasn't on tonight's menu. I still got the side of mashed potatoes though. Joni liked her chicken but my linguine was only okay.





We tried asking for an express dinner again to be done by 7:15PM but this time our waitress seemed annoyed by the request. She agreed however, getting us done with dinner by 6:30PM. Joni had a field day however mocking me when the mini cake with a candle and the singing waiters came for me and not her.

The smores parfait we both ordered





We made it with plenty of time to the Taj Mahal to view tonight's magic show with Bobby Borgia. He did a lot of sleight of hand style tricks and had one of the tech crew follow him around with a live feed camera so whatever he did to an audience member or up on stage was shown close up on the big screen. He rushed off the stage when he finished his set and didn't bother to come back when Leigh tried to call him back out for a second round of applause. As we left the theater, I overheard some guys bashing the show and joking that if they were Bobby, they wouldn't have come back either.

On our way back to the cabin, we noticed that the photo department was working to sort and put out our stingray pictures from earlier. Joni ran back to the cabin to get her photo gift card and we pulled all of the photos we'd had taken on this cruise so far. We vetoed most everyone of the embarkation photos and the dining room pictures. The photographers had taken a really nice single shot of Joni during our embarkation photo stop and I encouraged her to buy that one. We each picked out the best shot of us each holding the stingray and one of us holding the starfish together to purchase as well. Joni got to checkout first and handed over her three pictures (the embarkation one being a vertical pose while the rest were the same size horizontally printed) and the gift card. Since this was our first photo purchase of the cruise, we each got a certificate for a free Shutterfly luggage tag and Joni got a free Shutterfly book certificate for buying 3 photos. When it was my turn, I handed him my two photos and he separated them to confirm how many there were, marked two spots on my little frequent purchase card, and then proceeded to ring only one of them up as a charge for $11.99. When I saw that it was only one photo showing in the list of items on my receipt, I feared he'd only given me one in the cardboard envelope. Sure enough though he'd given me both for the single cost of one photo. I guess he either decided to extend Joni's gift card credit to me as well or decided to simply be extra nice tonight. Either way sir, me and my credit card statement thank you.

By now we were feeling the effects of the sun and headed back to the cabin for the night where Joni proceeded to take a photo of her newly purchased photos and upload them to Facebook.

1 comment: